COASTAL RIVERS PET HOSPITAL
We provide a variety of orthopedic options:
Aside from the more routine splints and "pin & wire" repair for fractures we also offer bone plating and external fixatures for more complex fractures. We carry an inventory of hardware useful in many common procedures and can usually have almost anything else we need delivered overnight!
ACL or cranial cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries are very common in our pets and constitute a large part of our orthopedic practice. There are several different ways of dealing with such injuries and we are happy to consult with you to find what approach will work best for you and your pet.
- Hip dislocation repair by toggle-pin
- Patellar Luxation correction
- TPLO (Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy) for cruciate ligament injury
- CBLO (CORA-base Leveling Osteotomy) for cruciate ligament injury, particularly in young dogs
- Lateral Retinacular Imbrication for cruciate repair in older, smaller and less active dogs
- Limb deformity correction
- Shoulder OCD (Osteochondrosis Dessicans)
- Elbow and hip joint fractures
- Pelvic Fractures
- Underwater Treadmill exercise